If you would like to submit a question, please email us

at dakcpaoffice@gmail.com


Q: I received a tax notice from the IRS, what should I do?

A: We realize that receiving a notice from the IRS can

be unnerving. Simply fax, mail or deliver a copy of the notice

to our office as soon as you receive it so we may begin the

process. Most of the time tax notices are date sensitive

and need to be resolved quickly inorder to avoid late fees and

penalties. Tax notices can often be settled simply and


Q: Where can I get blank forms?

A: For Federal forms visit the IRS website by clicking


For North Carolina forms visit the North Carolina

Department of Revenue website by clicking here. You can

also visit the local IRS offices in Wilmington at Randall

Parkway, between Kerr and Independence Avenue's for more


Q: What is the difference between an EIN & a


A: EIN is an acronym for "Employer

Identification Number". An Employer Identification

Number is also known as a taxpayer identification number, or

TIN. A sole proprietorship that has no employees and files no

excise or pension tax returns is the only business that does

not need an employer identification number. In this instance,

the sole proprietor uses his or her social security number as

the taxpayer identification number. For further understanding,

visit the IRS website by clicking here.

Q: What are the sales tax percentages for county &


A: Effective through June 30, 2007, barring any

county rate changes -- state is 4.25% &

county is 2.5% = 6.75% total.

Q: Exactly what information will I need to get my

personal / corporate taxes done?

A: Existing clients will receive a "Client

Tax Organizer" sometime in January. New clients may

request a checklist by calling 910-350-3683.

Q: My IRS payment has not been cashed yet. What

should I do?

A: You may call 1-800-829-1040 and ask an IRS

representative if the payment has been credited to your

account. If it has not, you may choose to place a stop-payment

on the original check and reissue the payment.

Q: You gave me a backup disk with my business

accounting files, how do I restore it to my computer?

A: Depending on the type of work done to the

file, we should have provided you with instructions either

for an "Accountant's Version" or for a "Full

Version". Please call our office and we will be happy to

provide that or simply walk you through it over the phone.